torsdag 21. august 2008

California!

We checked out of Hooters Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas and jumped in a taxi, asking for a car rental place. Nothing booked and not really sure where to go, but the west coast. We managed to get a good deal (Thanks, Beatrice at Avis) on a car. Thank god we got a gps as well, even though we managed to take a wrong turn in the first 10 seconds. Yes, the very first turn we did...and we got it wrong..

Kind of happy to get out of Las Vegas, it really is overwhelming. One of the casinos even had a few lions inside what they called a lion habitat. It made me feel slightly uneasy to see, I have to say. I guess its supposed to be impressive, but ...no, it isnt. So getting out of there and on the highway, we got a little help from a tiny roadmap and the gps, we arrived a little place called Carpinteria, a few miles from Santa Barbara. The traffic going around Los Angeles was crazy, and I did see some skyskrapers and possibly the hills of Hollywood..I think. A bummer that I didnt get to see much of Los Angeles, but theres just not enough time to see it all, and from what I heard, its not a big miss.

The plan for tomorrow is to continue up the coast, and get as close to San Fransisco as we can. Expecting lots of stops on the way, its supposed to be very pretty! And I guess its my turn to drive, wish me luck. I might need it :)





Ingen kommentarer: